Recipe by Pam Walk
The cream cheese makes this wonderful. It has 4 layers and they work very well together. I had this at a potluck a long time ago it was so good I got the recipe from the person that brought it.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is really good!! I used a yellow cake mix. The cream cheese and pudding mixture is delicious! The pineapple just makes it even better. But that's not all, you also have the whipped topping, and the nuts are a perfect touch. This cake can go to any event and win rave reviews!! DELICIOUS!!!!!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix (use 1/2 for the recipe and 1/2 for cupcakes) or 1 white cake mix (use 1/2 for the recipe and 1/2 for cupcakes)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix) or 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Pour 1/2 cake mix into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Mix together pudding, milk, and cream cheese.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Spread drained pineapple over this, then the Cool Whip, and then the nuts.