Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This champagne sorbet dessert is an elegant and stylish way to greet the coming New Year!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne or 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a metal bowl, combine the champagne or sparking wine with sugar, stirring well.
- Cover tightly with film or foil and freeze.
- Whisk every 30 minutes, until mixture becomes firm and granular, around 4 hours.
- Once mixture is granular, process in a blender or food processor to break up the icy chunks and to create a lighter texture.
- Refreeze, tightly covered with foil or film in a bowl, until ready to serve.
- Spoon into Champagne flutes or wine glasses.