Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it has been a favorite of my family's for a long time. I have adapted it to suit my preferences over time. Make sure you have your prep work done and your salad and bread ready as this comes together fairly quickly. I usually add a little more of champagne and cream so there is more sauce to sop up with the nice crusty bread. Hope you try and enjoy.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne (I use the cheaper bottle and have a mimosa with the rest while cooking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (or green and white of green onions)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt & pepper
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook pasta in boiling water 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in oil until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, champagne and salt in frying pan, and cook over high heat. When liquid begins to boil, remove shrimp from pan.( just when shrimp begin to turn pink, you don't want to over cook them).
- Add shallots, garlic and tomatoes to champagne, boil until liquid is reduced to about a 1/2 cup, 6-8 minutes (unless you have used more wine than recipe calls for).
- Stir in 3/4 cup of heavy cream and boil until slightly thick.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms and capers to sauce and heat through. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with remaining 1/2 cup of cream and parsley.
- Serve shrimp with sauce over pasta and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe is an old standby for me. Tastes great, sounds fancy, and everyone loves it. Bonus--you get to drink champagne as you cook!!