Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
from bon appetit yet another delicious shrimp appetizer. prep time includes marinating time
Make and share this champagne shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups champagne
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 cup butter, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 24 large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or use 1 tsp dried, each)
- nonstick cooking spray
- for sauce: heat champagne, shallots, vinegar and peppercorns in a saucepan and boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes, set aside. for marinade: combine champagne, oil, shallots, pepper and shrimp in a plastic bag and seal.
- marinate for 30-60 minutes heat oven to broil remove shrimp to a broiler pan that's been sprayed with non-stick spray, discard marinade broil shrimp 2 minutes per side, remove. rewarm sauce over medium heat, adding butter in bits and whisking until melted before adding more.
- season with salt and pepper if desired serve 4 shrimp per plate and spoon sauce around.
- sprinkle each plate with fresh herbs.
I needed a Champagne recipe for a party this New Year's Eve and this one was the winner. I made it once before "as is" except that I had to use freeze-dried chives because no store around here carries fresh in the winter. Big bummer. For the party we decided to grill the shrimp rather than broil and it really gave the dish a much better flavor in my opinion. I made a double recipe and would not have needed to double the butter sauce. I drizzled it over the shrimp on a large platter and the doubled recipe was way too much so lots of it didn't get used. This is very easy to make, tasty and I highly recommend grilling if possible.