Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Champagne Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (devein under running water and butterfly by splitting shrimp to, but not through, the underbelly of)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 375 ml Brut champagne (1/2 of a 750 ml bottle)
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 2 pinches white pepper or 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Pat shrimp dry and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the shallots; stir/saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in champagne, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil and reduce by half, 4-5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp; cook 3 minutes, or until pink.
- Remove shrimp to a plate with a slotted spoon and cover loosely with tented foil.
- Reduce sauce by half again, another 5 minutes or so; add in cream and let sauce cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Add in white pepper or cayenne and remove from heat.
- Place shrimp on serving plates and top with a little sauce and sprinkle with lemon zest and tarragon.