My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (devein under running water and butterfly by splitting shrimp to, but not through, the underbelly of)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 375 ml Brut champagne (1/2 of a 750 ml bottle)
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 pinches white pepper or 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1Pat shrimp dry and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the shallots; stir/saute for a couple of minutes.
- 3Add in champagne, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil and reduce by half, 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add in shrimp; cook 3 minutes, or until pink.
- 5Remove shrimp to a plate with a slotted spoon and cover loosely with tented foil.
- 6Reduce sauce by half again, another 5 minutes or so; add in cream and let sauce cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- 7Add in white pepper or cayenne and remove from heat.
- 8Place shrimp on serving plates and top with a little sauce and sprinkle with lemon zest and tarragon.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champagne Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 102.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of