Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This should be called Wedding Salad instead of Champagne Salad. My sister-in-law's mother made it for Sunday brunch after their wedding, and my Mother made it for a similar brunch after my sister's wedding as well as my daughter's. It's wonderfully easy to make and can be made in individual cups that can be taken out of the freezer as you need them.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 bananas, diced
- 9 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together; add strawberries, pineapple and bananas. Fold in cool whip. Place in 9X13 pan, freeze 8 hours or overnight. Thaw 1/2 hour before serving.
- Note: Instead of freezing in a pan you can also use individual size serving cups. This works well if you are increasing the recipe for a large gathering.