Courtesy of Giada DeLaurentiis/Food Network
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place slices of prosciutto on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake until prosciutto slices are almost completely crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Reserve for garnish.
- 3In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Blanch the asparagus in the stock for 2 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon. Set asparagus aside and keep stock at a low simmer.
- 4In another medium saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp of butter. Add shallot and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add Arborio rice and stir to coat in the butter. Continue toasting the rice, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes more.
- 5Add Champagne to rice and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total.
- 6Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the asparagus, remaining butter, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Spoon the risotto into serving dishes and garnish by breaking the crisp prosciutto pieces into smaller pieces over the top of the risotto.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champagne Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.3
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 690.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: