Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups risotto rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups champagne
- 3 cups light vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons chervil
- fresh ground pepper
- black truffle, shavings garnish
- Melt butter in large heavy pan. Add shallots. Cook over low heat. Stir occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add rice and cook stirring constantly until grains are coated in butter.
- Carefully pour 2/3 of the champagne so it does not bubble over and cook over high heat, stirring constantly until the champagne is absorbed.
- Add stock a ladleful at a time, stir constantly and make sure that each addition has been completely absorbed before adding more. It should gradually become creamy and velvety and the stock should all be absorbed.
- When tender but with a bit of a bite, stir in the remaining champagne with the cream and cheese.
- Adjust your seasonings. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for a few minutes. Stir in Chervil. Garnish with truffle to enhance the flavor.
- Time is estimated.