Recipe by Texas Barby
This punch is beautifully presented in a chilled, crystal pitcher. To double or triple the recipe, make up extra zipper bags of the brandy mixture. Then, open more chilled Champagne and wine, as needed.
- 4 sugar cubes
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1⁄2 orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup apricot brandy
- 750 ml champagne, chilled
- 750 ml dry white wine, chilled
- 12 slices oranges, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Drip the angostura bitters onto the sugar cubes in a zipper bag.
- At least 30 minutes before serving time, add the brandy to the sugar cubes and mash the bag until the sugar is dissolved. Store the bag in the refrigerator until serving time. This may be done much earlier, if desired.
- At serving time, add Champagne, wine, and brandy mixture to a chilled, 2-quart pitcher. Garnish with orange slices.