Recipe by Little Bee
I got this from Recipe Goldmine under Valetines Menu's. I haven't tried it yet but it looks easy and elegant!
Top Review by ZJanks
We didn't like this. We love salmon, we love champagne, just not together. I followed directions exactly and found that it was too much of the same strange flavor and got it got very boring. I feel this might be good in tiny amounts on crackers with cream cheese and chives as an appetizer for guests?
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) alaska salmon steaks or 4 (6 -8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups champagne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any skin or bones from Salmon.
- Season Alaska salmon steaks/fillets lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a pan just large enough to hold the salmon in 1 layer. Add the champagne, lemon juice and just enough water to cover the fish.
- Remove the fish and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Return the salmon steaks/fillets to the pan. Top each with an onion slice, capers,and tarragon sprig. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pan with foil and poach at no more than a simmer for 6 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon).
- Remove salmon steaks/fillets from the liquid and place on 4 warm serving plates. Top each piece of fish with 1 ounce of the liquid top with olives, capers and onions.