Little Bee's Note:
I got this from Recipe Goldmine under Valetines Menu's. I haven't tried it yet but it looks easy and elegant!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove any skin or bones from Salmon.
- 2Season Alaska salmon steaks/fillets lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a pan just large enough to hold the salmon in 1 layer. Add the champagne, lemon juice and just enough water to cover the fish.
- 3Remove the fish and bring the liquid to a boil.
- 4Return the salmon steaks/fillets to the pan. Top each with an onion slice, capers,and tarragon sprig. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pan with foil and poach at no more than a simmer for 6 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon).
- 5Remove salmon steaks/fillets from the liquid and place on 4 warm serving plates. Top each piece of fish with 1 ounce of the liquid top with olives, capers and onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champagne Poached Alaska Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: