Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Very sweet pear butter with champagne and spices. Cooked all day in a slow cooker for a really smooth fruit butter. I love pears and champagne as a combination, so brought them together in this recipe.
- 20 yellow bartlet pears (peel, core, and cut into a small dice)
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup champagne
- Place diced pears into slow cooker. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, spices, vanilla, and champagne, stirring to dissolve slightly. Pour mixture over pears, cover, and cook on high 2 hours, stirring occasionally until syrup starts to form. Turn to low setting and cook approximately 6-8 hours.
- Ladle into blender in small batches, blending until smooth and pouring out into bowl, repeating until all the pears have been processed and you have bowl full of fruit butter. I then ladle mine into jelly jars and can them using the water bath canning method.