- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne (or sparkling white grape juice)
- 8 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and orange marmalade in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar mixture, champagne, and orange sections, stirring gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- To serve, spoon orange sections into individual compotes or dishes, and sprinkle with almonds.