Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A super elegant dessert that's super easy! Serve this the next time you entertain royalty. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne (or sparkling white grape juice)
- 8 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine sugar and orange marmalade in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar mixture, champagne, and orange sections, stirring gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- To serve, spoon orange sections into individual compotes or dishes, and sprinkle with almonds.
loved it! added some pommegranate kernels for colour!
I don't usually like oranges, but this dessert is an exception. I made it for my husband and his family (who love oranges), and it was a big hit! This original dessert is light and refreshing - perfect after a rich or heavy meal. I bet it makes a great summertime treat, too. I was afraid that the champagne (I used a brut from Epernay) would overpower the sweetness of the oranges, but I was wrong. The two flavors complemented each other quite nicely! Thanks for sharing this recipe - I will make it again and again!