This sauce has a great flavor for almost any meat. It is a little sweet and a little spicey. Not hot, but more like honey mustard in taste. It is fabulous on ham or hot dogs. I got this recipe from my mom and don't know where she got it. Very easy to make. Hardest part will be finding Champagne wine vinegar although more stores are starting to carry it now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the dry mustard and sugar till combined.
- 2Stir in the eggs one at a time till all are added.
- 3Add the champagne wine vinegar and mix well.
- 4Cook over double boiler stirring till thick.
- 5Store in the fridge.
- 6The notes also say it can be cooked in the microwave on 8 power, stirring frequently till thick.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champagne Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.5
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 103.5 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: