Recipe by MarraMamba
A holiday twist on mojito's by chef John Besh. I am guessing at the serving size here
Top Review by Cook4_6
This had wonderful flavor, but it is very potent! There are 5 cups of alcohol in a drink that serves 4-6; it will knock you off your feet if you don't handle with care! I really liked the mixture of flavor, but my husband found them a bit too tart.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed mint leaves, plus
- 12 mint sprigs, for garnish
- 6 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups light rum
- cracked ice
- 3 cups champagne or 3 cups sparkling wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over high heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the mint leaves and lime wedges and muddle well with a wooden spoon. Add the rum and stir well. Strain the drink into another pitcher.
- Fill tall glasses with cracked ice and pour in the drink, filling them about two-thirds full. Top with Champagne, garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
- MAKE AHEAD The mojitos can be prepared through Step 2. Refrigerate the mojitos in the pitcher overnight.