Recipe by AmandaInOz
I found this recipe on another site and decided to post it here because it's just so simple and tasty! We like to use this with a nice Australian Barramundi, but it's good with most white fish. It's the only fish dish that makes my husband lick his plate. Measurements are in American cups.
Top Review by Tisme
Amanda, This is a very easy and yummy recipe, we are not big fish eater's here, but everbody was quite happy when I served this up. The family loved it and it's great because now I have something a bit different to serve at dinner time!!! Very easy and very very tasty, and the best part...... You get to drink the left over champers!!!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- fresh dill (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks and shallots. Cook until leeks are tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add champagne and reduce until 2-3 tablespoons remain.
- Add lemon juice and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add cream and simmer until slightly reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh dill.