Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Served with poultry or meat this jelly is excellent. Response to request
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups champagne or 3 cups dry white wine
- 4 cups sugar
- Thoroughly mix pectin and water in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and immediately add champagne and sugar.
- Keep mixture just below boiling and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon if necessary.
- Pour quickly into hot sterilized half-pint jars.
- Seal at once with 1/8-inch hot paraffin or canning lids.
- Serve with poultry or meat.
lovely recipe! Thanks so much for sharing it.