Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 hrs
this recipe makes ***1 batch*** of only 1 color. A cute sophisticated jello shot...great for intimate dinner parties or new years eve! make any flavor your heart desires. I usually double the recipe and make 2 different colors and get a small cookie cutter like a circle or star ect....I alternate the colors by stacking them on top of each other in a little bit bigger than a shot glass (disposable) or clear mini cups I stack about 3-4 in each. everyone seems to love em'
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with nonstick foil.
- have ready any shape cookie cutters.
- put flavored jello in a meduim bowl set aside.
- sprinkle unflavored gelatin over fruit juice in a small saucepan
- let stand 1 minute
- stir over low heat 2-3 min till gelatin granules completely dissolve.
- add to flavored jello stir 3 min till dissolved.
- stir in champagne.
- pour into baking pan and refrigerate 3 hours till firm
- lift foil from pan using cookie cutters to cut shapes through gelatin
- stack the different jello flavors in a cup alternating (if you have made two different fllavors of jello, meaning making two separate batches).
I'm delighted how fizzy and true to the champagne flavor this recipe is! I used Island Pineapple Jell-O and pineapple juice. It turned out great! The mix was a little too bubbly after adding the champagne so I scooped the froth off before pouring in to molds. I think it would have been fine to pour even without de-frothing.
These were very interesting! They had a strange texture from the bubbly, but not strange enough to ruin the taste! I put them in dixie cups rather than make shapes. Made with lime jello and white grape juice. I am excited to try them again with other flavors!