Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe for glazed carrots. I found it in a local newspaper a couple of years ago.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 cup dry champagne or 1 cup sparkling wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally until carrots are just tender. 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add champagne, honey, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces to one-fourth, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard thyme.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve warm.
- This recipe can be stored covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 days in refrigerator and reheated before serving.