1/2 Photos of Champagne Grape and Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
Shrimp and grapes may sound odd, but this shrimp salad sandwich is a winner. Champagne grapes are a must, there is no substitution for their burst in your mouth sweetness. This recipe came from an elderly gentleman I stood next to at the seafood counter in the grocery store. He insisted that since I was buying shrimp I had to get some champagne grapes and make this! It started out as just a simple trio of shrimp, mayo, and champagne grapes, but over the years I've added the rolls, lemon juice and chives. This works great as an appetizer if you just make the salad, then offer some toasted bruschetta (drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice) along with it! You don't have to measure the amounts, really. I always just grab a bunch of champagne grapes, a pound or two of shrimp, and add everything else to taste. You can make this a little ahead, but I don't recommend keeping it in the fridge for more than a day. And certainly toast the rolls or bruschetta at the last minute, since it's best when the bread is warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Rinse and drain the shrimp and grapes.
- 3In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and juice of 2 lemons.
- 4Add shrimp, grapes, chives.
- 5Combine and let flavors combine while you prepare the rolls.
- 6Open all the rolls and drizzle inside olive oil and remaining lemon.
- 7Put rolls in oven to toast (inside surface facing down).
- 8When rolls are golden, remove from oven.
- 9Place bottom of rolls on plates, top generously with shrimp mixture.
- 10Place top of rolls off center so shrimp salad is visible.
- 11Garnish with some chives and a lemon slice if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champagne Grape and Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 228.6 mg
- Sodium 465.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: