Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful dinner for two or an easy recipe for a dinner party. Serve with asparagus or broccoli spears, rice pilaf and, of course, the rest of the champagne.
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Grill, bake or pan-sear chicken breasts until no longer pink in center.
- In a small saucepan add champagne, brown sugar, honey, Dijon and tarragon.
- Over medium heat, stir mixture often until a glaze forms, about 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and turn chicken several times to glaze.
This is a very good dish. I made 4 chicken breasts, so I doubled the sauce EXCEPT for the honey, since the sugar and champagne were sweet enough. I also did not add the tarragon, as my husband does not like anything anise-flavored. A very easy, quick and tasty meal. Thanks for posting, KelBel!
Something different, tasty and super easy! I made this for a romantic dinner (served with lemony rice pilaf & sweet butternut) and it was a great dish. I did find it to be a little bit on the sweet side though, and unfortunately hubby was a bit put off by the champagne smell (he's not much of a fan of alcohol in general), but overall a super easy and romantic dinner!
Fantastic! My husband and I had this for a romantic dinner and it's so wonderful and soooo easy, that we had time for each other instead of cooking in the kitchen all evening! I made an "Easy and Romantic" menu with it and am posting it today!