Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A light summer dessert
- 6 oranges
- 4 grapefruits
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets plain gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice, strained
- 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 sprigs mint
- Cut top and bottom off oranges and grapefruit. Cut off skin, removing any white pith, preserving the round shape.
- Cut the sections from the oranges and grapefruit. Place in a sieve to allow excess juice to collect in a bowl beneath. Reserve drained juice.
- Layer a loaf pan, starting wish grapefruit, then oranges, raspberries and blueberries. Repeat layers to within ½ inch of the top of the pan, finishing with a citrus layer.
- Dissolve gelatin in ½ cup of orange juice over low heat.
- Beat sugar into remaining orange juice and champagne.
- Gently rub the flowers of the mint over a plate to release the florets.
- Add flowers and dissolved gelatin. Pour over fruit.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Unmold just before serving.