Recipe by sugarpea
This is a great vinaigrette. You can add dried herbs if you like. I especially like it with mixed vegetable/fruit salads. If champagne vinegar is not available, it is easily homemade with leftover champagne and a few week's setting time. Instructions are included.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a small glass jar and shake until oil is emulsified.
- May be kept in refrigerator up to 1 month.
- Homemade champagne vinegar can be done by storing leftover champagne in an open jar, at room temperature for a few weeks.
- It will turn into vinegar.