Recipe by Julieannie
From the book Crazy About Cupcakes
Top Review by horoll
This is recipe did not work. I followed the directions to the "T" and it turned out like a muffin not a cupcake and it had no real flavor. I had many taste testers and we decided it was like a corn muffin without the corn. They weren't awful but I would never make this again.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup champagne
- 6 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternatively with champagne.
- In a large clean bowl beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of the whites into the batter until blended, then fold in the remaining egg whites until well blended.
- Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter. Bake for about 20 minutes.