Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
- 6 lbs roasting chickens
- prepared stuffing
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 cup cream
- Clean and wash the chicken inside and out.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste and rub over fowl.
- Stuff with your favorite dressing.
- Melt the butter in a roasting pan and brown the fowl on top of the stove.
- Add champagne, cover and roast in a preheated 350º oven 20 minutes per pound, or until tender.
- Remove chicken from roaster, add the cream to juices in the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Carve the fowl and serve the sauce over individual portions.
I've always made it this way only I used 3 breasts and do it in the skillet and 1/2c of cream and champagne. Ive tried restaurants style and still cant get it to tast like theirs
This makes a really nice gravy. I roasted the chicken on a rack & used single instead of double cream (which took a bit longer to reduce down but did reduce calories). The chicken was moist and tender, and the gravy had a nice tang to it from the wine.