Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skin on boneless chicken breasts (or you can use skinned and boned chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups champagne
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In a shallow bowl/pie plate, stir together the first 3 ingredients.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture; place on a wire rack; let stand 15 minutes.
- Dredge chicken in flour again; return to rack.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken, in batches, 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown; remove chicken to a plate.
- Add shallots to the skillet; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in Champagne and thyme; bring to a boil; stirring to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Decrease heat, and return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; stir cream into mushroom mixture; cook 5-6 minutes or until thickened; adjust seasoning with salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce immediately over chicken.