Very elegant, and very easy! It's a family favorite for special occasions and even when it's not special occasion, this recipe makes any occasion special!
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2T lemon juice and pepper to your liking.
- Melt 2T butter and olive oil. Saute chicken. About 2 minute on each side until nicely browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, melt 2T butter and saute shallots until translucent. Add garlic, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Pur in chicken stock, champagne and remainder lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce to thin glaze. Add cream and boil for 6 minute until thick.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve with white rice, wild rice or spinach fettecini.