Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Why not use that 1/2 a glass of Champagne you have left...I suppose you could use a dry white wine also.
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Saute the carrots for a few minutes over medium heat until they begin to brown. Add the beef stock and champagne and cover.
- Cook until barely tender but still a bit firm. Remove cover and place on high heat until the liquid is almost cooked away. Add the lemon juice and dill weed and serve.