"So with us, it always has to involve champagne, even when it's not supposed to!" -the greats at Heatherette. Found this on FashionWeekDaily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine (not champagne!)
- 16 marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup (not dark)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 large marshmallows
- 3 drops red food coloring (to make it pink!)
- 1Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- 2Cream shortening with 1 cup sugar until fluffy.
- 3Blend flour mixture alternately with champagne and mix to a smooth batter.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff and soft peaks form.
- 5Fold about half the meringue into the batter, mixing thoroughly with whisk. Gently fold in remaining meringue.
- 6Turn in to two greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until tested done.
- 8When cake has rested 10 minutes, turn out to cool.
- 9When cold, put together with coconut filling.
- 10Over boiling water in double boiler, melt marshmallows, butter and wine.
- 11Remove from heat and add coconut.
- 12Sift powdered sugar in top of double boiler.
- 13Add corn syrup and water.
- 14Stir over boiling water until smooth.
- 15Add the vanilla, salt, and almond flavoring.
- 16For pink champagne effect, add 2 or 3 drops red food coloring.
- 17Keep frosting warm so it spreads evenly.
- 18With spoon, carefully pour fondant over top and sides of cake.
- 19Slice marshmallows into 4 rounds each, dip in fondant and place at random on top of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champagne Cake
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 731.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 208.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 148.7 g
- Protein 10.4 g