Recipe by Sara 76
This is a tasty Champagne Breakfast, perfect for celebrating a special occasion. If you don't like smoked salmon, you could use shaved ham instead. Because this is served so early, your guests might like to mix their champagne with orange juice. Place a jug of freshly squeezed juice on the table, and let guests mix their own drinks.
- 4 croissants, split almost in half
- 400 g smoked salmon (or shaved ham)
- 8 eggs
- 750 ml champagne, chilled
- 1 liter orange juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehat oven to 180°C Place croissants on a tray, and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and heated through. Be careful not to cook them too long, as they burn easily.
- Meanwhile, heat about an inch of water in a large frying pan, until it is simmering. Break each egg into the water, and simmer until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Place each croissant onto plates, and open out. Divide salmon (or ham) between the 4 croissants, top with 2 eggs, and place top of croissant back on.
- Serve with glasses of champagne and orange juice.