Simple and inexpensive, yet warm and filling, Champ is unquestionably one of the most delicious side dishes ever created in Ireland...posted from an Irish recipe site for the Zaar World Tour!
- Boil the potatoes until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Simmer the green onions in milk for about 5 minutes
- Drain potatoes and mash.
- Add the hot milk and scallions, salt, pepper and half the butter and mix.
- Dot with the rest of the butter and serve immediately.
- HINT: The secret of success to this Irish potato recipe is making sure all the ingredients are kept very hot while you're preparing it.