Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Being a military family we get the pleasure of meeting people from all over the world. My girlfriend who lives in Guam gave me this recipe. So that I don't misplace it I'm putting it into my cookbook for later use.
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, deveined, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
- Heat your cooking oil to 350º.
- Drop from spoon into hot oil. Fry til golden.
When we lived in Guam this recipe could also be used with chicken.
Being Chamorro myself these are a must have at all parties and get togethers. They are so ADDICTING too. My family LOVES seafood. Duh , we're Islanders!LOL! My mom has always put both shrimp and crab meat in ours. For the poor lady who made it with sweeten condensed milk. You should truly make them again with EVAPORATED MILK.
These are really good. I used Asian style mixed veggies. The veggie mix had red peppers in it so I did not used the green pepper. For the canned milk I used sweetened condensed mik. I do not know if that is what I should have used but it worked. Easy recipe. Thanks!