Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
A traditional Chamorro recipe and always an island favorite. I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 eggs
- 283.49 g can evaporated milk
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 7.39-9.85 ml salt
- 2.46-4.92 ml black pepper
- 7.39-9.85 ml garlic powder
- 7.39-9.85 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml Accent seasoning
- 907.18 g medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped in chunks
- 283.49 g package frozen mixed vegetables, completely thawed, and drained
- 946.36 ml vegetable oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the evaporated milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and the seasonings. Mix until smooth.
- Add the shrimp and mixed vegetables, combining well.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet to medium heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls and fry until golden brown.
- I usually fry 1 or 2 patties and taste them to make sure seasoning is just right. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Using a bamboo skewer, pierce the center of patty to make sure that skewer comes out clean. A little bit of dough will be on the skewer but as long as it's not runny and still wet looking, it should be done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve at room temperature.