A traditional Chamorro recipe and always an island favorite. I hope you enjoy it.
Make and share this Chamorro Shrimp Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped in chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, completely thawed, and drained
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the evaporated milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and the seasonings. Mix until smooth.
- Add the shrimp and mixed vegetables, combining well.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet to medium heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls and fry until golden brown.
- I usually fry 1 or 2 patties and taste them to make sure seasoning is just right. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Using a bamboo skewer, pierce the center of patty to make sure that skewer comes out clean. A little bit of dough will be on the skewer but as long as it's not runny and still wet looking, it should be done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve at room temperature.