Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A traditional Chamorro recipe and always an island favorite. I hope you enjoy it.
Make and share this Chamorro Shrimp Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped in chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, completely thawed, and drained
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the evaporated milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and the seasonings. Mix until smooth.
- Add the shrimp and mixed vegetables, combining well.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet to medium heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls and fry until golden brown.
- I usually fry 1 or 2 patties and taste them to make sure seasoning is just right. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Using a bamboo skewer, pierce the center of patty to make sure that skewer comes out clean. A little bit of dough will be on the skewer but as long as it's not runny and still wet looking, it should be done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve at room temperature.
These are fantastic!! Took it to a Chamorro BBQ yesterday for the 4th of July and it was a hit! The other Chamorro ladies said it was right on! Thank you so much for posting!
I've tried a few other recipes that i found online, but this one is by far the best, hands down. The proportions of each ingredient is just right. Thanks Chamorrita Momma!!!
So awesome to see some great chamorro recipes on here. If anyone has a good one for tinala katne (dried beef) I'd love to see it!