1/9 Photos of Chamorro Shrimp Patties
1 hr 20 mins
A traditional Chamorro recipe and always an island favorite. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped in chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, completely thawed, and drained
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the evaporated milk.
- 2Add the flour, baking powder, and the seasonings. Mix until smooth.
- 3Add the shrimp and mixed vegetables, combining well.
- 4Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet to medium heat.
- 5Drop batter by tablespoonfuls and fry until golden brown.
- 6I usually fry 1 or 2 patties and taste them to make sure seasoning is just right. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- 7Using a bamboo skewer, pierce the center of patty to make sure that skewer comes out clean. A little bit of dough will be on the skewer but as long as it's not runny and still wet looking, it should be done.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chamorro Shrimp Patties
Serving Size: 1 (2754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2004.2
- Calories from Fat 1649
- Total Fat 183.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 319.6 mg
- Sodium 1990.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: