Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
This is another MUST at all my fiestas and barbeques! It's a very versatile sauce that can be doused on chamorro barbequed ribs and chicken, and on red rice. Chamorros use this like Americans use ketchup; ON EVERYTHING!!
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, Kikkoman brand
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 habanero peppers (optional) or 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, roasted on the stovetop
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, and both onions. Chop the peppers and add to the sauce. If using the roasted jalapenos, roast just until somewhat charred. Run under cold water and scrape away blackened areas. Chop and add to sauce. Serve!
- Variations: You can sub out the vinegar with apple cider vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Variation: 1 cup of sliced cherry or grape tomatoes can also be added for a different variation. I love it this way with fried pork chops and white rice, YUMMM!