Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is similar to the filipino adobo. It's a versatile recipe; you can use beef, pork, chicken, and venison.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except the oil and water. Let marinade for at least a couple of hours. If you don't have time to let it marinade, it'll be alright to cook it right away. But the flavor is more intense when you let it marinade for a few hours.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oil in a large pot and remove meat from marinade and add to pot. Cook to brown slightly. Add the water to leftover marinade and pour over the meat. Cover and let cook on medium heat about 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- If you don't want too much sauce left, remove the lid during the last 10 minutes of cooking; otherwise continue cooking with the lid on for more sauce.
- Variation: Add 2 whole bay leaves.
- Variation: Add 2" piece crushed fresh ginger.
- Or, just add them all. Serve this dish with white rice and fina'dene, ENJOY!