Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Strawberry Heaven in a light satisfying dessert
Make and share this ChamoritaMomma's Strawberry Angel Delight recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the package of Jell-O with the water. If the strawberries aren't sweet, add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Add the package of thawed berries to the jell-o mixture and stir to combine well. Set this into the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, tear the Angel Food cake into chunky pieces and lay at the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Once the jell-o mixture is slightly set, but not totally congealed, fold in the tub of Cool Whip and stir to combine. Pour this mixture over top of the Angel food cake, using a spoon to work the berry mixture in and around the cake pieces; using all of the jell-o mixture.
- Cover and return back to the refrigerator until completely set. Garnish with more whip cream and fresh strawberries.
- NOTES: This can also be turned into a healthier dessert by using Sugar-Free and Fat-Free ingredients.
- Prep time is fast! Cooking time is actually time for jell-o to slightly set and then finally congeal.