Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite Summer dessert, both refreshing and light.....
Make and share this ChamoritaMomma's Favorite Strawberry Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (14 ounce) premade angel food cake, cut into cubes
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems, cut the strawberries into quarters. Place into a bowl and add the 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you'd like it; toss to mix well. Set in fridge to chill until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, In another bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip and the cubed Angel food cake.
- Spread the cake and cream cheese mixture into an ungreased 13x9 dish.
- Cover and chill for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, cut cake into squares and top with strawberries.