Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is very light and fresh. Could be eaten for breakfast, but also makes a wonderful desert. Perfect if you are trying to eat healthy, fresh, whole foods!
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb seedless black grapes, halved
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 pear, cored and cut into cubes (bosc pears, if available)
- 1 ripe mango, sliced
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tea bags, chamomile
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Gently mix melon, grapes, bananas, pear, and mango together, adding the banana last so it does not get smashed.
- Core the pear and peal away the outer skin.
- Peal the banana.
- Puree both of these ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add about 1/2 cup white wine and puree until smooth and liquid.
- Boil this mixture in a small saucepan, adding the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, two tea bags and remaining wine.
- Stir continually until the mixture tastes slightly of chamomile and then turn off and let cool.
- Mix the entire glaze into the salad and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve in individual dishes and sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.