Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
You can make this with any tea. The chamomile is a wonderful treat if you can't sleep at night. For guests, I like to serve this in a tea cup with a thin crisp cookie and a slice of lemon for garnish.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup camomile tea leaves or 4 tea bags
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (or to taste)
- In a medium saucepan boil water. Once boiling, remove from heat, add tea and steep for 5-10 minutes depending upon your own taste.
- Strain tea into a bowl add the lemonjice and honey. Stirr to dissolve.
- Pour into serving bowl or 2" deep roasting pan and freeze for 6-8 hours stirring/scraping the mixture 2 or 3 times with a fork.
- Just before serving place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes and scrape ice crystals with a spoon or fork.
WOW!!! What a great, refreshing, fairly healthy treat and perfect for a hot Arizona night. I look forward to trying this with other teas, but the Chamomile is a great bedtime tea and will probably be our favorite. I can hardly wait to make some more, we will be having these all summer here!!
This is a very inventive concoction. My kids even enjoy this.The flavors are very subtle and amazing on the pallet. It is deffinately a flavor to savor. WOW!