Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Got this from a tea bag box. Have not made yet but plan to when weather turns chilly again.
Top Review by Cindy C.
I really enjoyed this soup. Although I did make some changes, I didn't use the tea so I added half a cup of coconut milk almost at the end right before blending it. I also boiled a cup of shitaki mushrooms. It was one of the best soups I've made so far.
- 6 chamomile tea bags
- 3 cups water
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and tea bags in large saucepan for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. squeezing the excess liquid into the pan. Add the cauliflower to the tea, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- In small pan, saute the onions and celery in the butter until the onions are clear. Put in a blender with the cauliflower, salt and pepper, and the reserved cooking liquid.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
- For thinner soup, reserve and add more liquid; for thicker soup reserve and and add less.