Recipe by Sharon123
I spent some time in Guatemala many years ago and we had a lovely vegetarian dinner at a local woman's house on New Year's Eve. Oh, it was so good! There were these tamales with raisins and we were served a tea that tasted of apples and chamomile. Here is my attempt to duplicate that recipe! I wish I could remember more about the tamales.......Outside, the local folk were shooting off sticks of dynamite (for lack of fireworks), but we didn't care, we were in foodie vegetarian heaven!
Top Review by Annacia
Pure bliss. I made a single serving because of the high sugars but I could very easily drunk both servings. I wanted to leave the flowers in the pic but I had expected them to be on the bottom of the cup, LOL. I just sipped through them which was kind of fun. Anyway, the recipe is so quick to make, it wasn't even 10 mins with the steeping time and the outcome is simply delicious!
- 2 cups apple juice (fresh is best!)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons chamomile flowers
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring apple juice and pineapple juice to a boil.
- Quickly remove from heat and add chamomile flowers.
- Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain, and pour in cups.
- Add a dash of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!