1/1 Photo of Chamomile Apple Tea
I spent some time in Guatemala many years ago and we had a lovely vegetarian dinner at a local woman's house on New Year's Eve. Oh, it was so good! There were these tamales with raisins and we were served a tea that tasted of apples and chamomile. Here is my attempt to duplicate that recipe! I wish I could remember more about the tamales.......Outside, the local folk were shooting off sticks of dynamite (for lack of fireworks), but we didn't care, we were in foodie vegetarian heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apple juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons chamomile flowers
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan, bring apple juice and pineapple juice to a boil.
- 2Quickly remove from heat and add chamomile flowers.
- 3Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- 4Strain, and pour in cups.
- 5Add a dash of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chamomile Apple Tea
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: