I spent some time in Guatemala many years ago and we had a lovely vegetarian dinner at a local woman's house on New Year's Eve. Oh, it was so good! There were these tamales with raisins and we were served a tea that tasted of apples and chamomile. Here is my attempt to duplicate that recipe! I wish I could remember more about the tamales.......Outside, the local folk were shooting off sticks of dynamite (for lack of fireworks), but we didn't care, we were in foodie vegetarian heaven!
- 2 cups apple juice (fresh is best!)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons chamomile flowers
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring apple juice and pineapple juice to a boil.
- Quickly remove from heat and add chamomile flowers.
- Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain, and pour in cups.
- Add a dash of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!