Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used chameleon in the name because this salad is so changeable. I often add ham to make this a main dish. Take out the peas and olives and add tomatoes for a wonderful BLT taste. Substitute Italian Salad dressing for the Miracle Whip. The possibilities are endless. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni or 2 cups other pastas
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons minced onions (I just give it a good sprinkle of dehydrated onion instead)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup peas, can be frozen
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup slilced green olives
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise, whatever you like
- Cook and drain macaroni.
- Fry and crumble bacon.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- May need to add a little salad dressing before serving depending on how you like it.
This was great. I changed it up a bit to suit our tastes...a little less celery, a little more peas, no olives, and some tomato. When using mayo, I usually start with half the amount and work up from there to save on fat & calories. This seemed fine with only half a cup, so I didn't feel too guilty! Thanks!
This was wonderful! The only thing I did different was I used fat free Italian Dressing (don't care for mayo)