Recipe by Dienia B.
Inspired by Chef David Bloms recipe. Someone was looking all over the place for this recipe a few years ago. I just ran across it again so I am posting it here. It has raspberries, meringue, and chocolate. It is a pretty dessert for hot weather.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups cream, 1/2and1/2
- 4 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1⁄4 vanilla bean
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Chambord raspberry liquor
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half and half to a boil.
- In a heat proof bowl mix the semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips together.
- Pour hot cream over chips.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add raspberry liqueur and stir just until combined.
- In heat proof bowls add 15 raspberries to each bowl.
- Pour soup over.
- Top with meringue.
- Scrape contents of vanilla bean into egg whites.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until it forms stiff peaks.
- Dollop like a floating island onto soup; broil until lightly browned.
- Blend raspberries and liqueur and run through sieve to remove seeds; make dots around the island.