- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans (or 2 cups cooked pinto beans, mashed)
- 4 ounces minced smoked turkey breast, deli, mesquite-smoked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium soup kettle over medium heat, cook pepper, onion and garlic in 1/4 cup of the chicken broth, stirring, until tender.
- Add the beans, stir till smooth then add the rest of the broth, minced turkey, chili powder and Tabasco sauce.
- Stir and cook until heated through.
- Ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle cheese and tomatoes on top.
- Crumble 3-4 chips over cheese and tomatoes.
- Serve remaining chips on the side.