Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Try serving them with refried beans and tortilla chips.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 6 Italian rolls or 6 hard rolls, split
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- In a skillet, brown the beef; drain.
- Add picante sauce, soy sauce, oil, mustard, lemon pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg and cardamom; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spoon onto bottom of rolls; sprinkle with onions.
- Replace tops.
This was different and very good. I made it 2 nights in a row!