Recipe by Adopted Parisian
A creamy, spicy(but not too spicy!), Mexican chicken casserole! My family loves it and requests it often! I serve it with a green salad tossed with fresh avocadoes. Note: cooking time includes cooking chicken.
- 3 large chicken breasts (shredded)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced green chili peppers (choose desired level of spiciness)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and shred chicken. Set aside.
- Tear 8 tortillas into bite-sized pieces.
- Layer into bottom of 13x9" glass pan.
- Layer chicken, then cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chiles, then the rest of the 8 tortillas(torn up).
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese and broil till golden and bubbly!