Recipe by Happy Hippie
This tasty combination is great for tostadas and burritos. I got this little ditty from my favorite resource "Low Fat Mexican Recipes"
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I had a tough time with this recipe. I soaked my beans overnight but it took 3 days of cooking in the crock pot to be done. Must be the high altitude or old beans. Flavor was good.
- 3 lbs pork roast, trimmed of all fat
- 1 lb pinto beans, washed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano, preferable mexican
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, kettle or crock pot and cover with water.
- Simmer over low heat, adding water if needed.
- After 6 hours, remove bones and break up roast.
- Continue cooking with lid off until thick.
- Serve on tostada shells or tortillas burrito style with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Chalupa freezes perfectly!