Recipe by Caryn Gale
Easy and right in the mixing bowl. Turn out beautifully every time.
Top Review by Lori H.
I am very tough to impress with bread recipes. I think I probably have to high of a standard the way a bread should look and taste. I have to say that this recipe is perfect. The texture of the dough was very easy to shape. I didn't need all 7 1/2 cups flour, but just 6 3/4 cups. I glazed the bread with the egg wash and baked it for just 15 minutes. It was hard not to attack the oven, but it was definetly worth the wait. I can't wait to see how my family enjoys it with their dinner tonight. Hat's off to you, Caryn!
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 7 -7 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and proof (wait till starts to be bubbly) the first 3 ingredients in the mixer bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix on speed 2 for 5 minutes with dough hook.
- Place in greased bowl and let rise, covered in a warm spot until about double in bulk.
- Punch down, shape and place on greased baking sheet.
- Let rise again for about 1/2 hour.
- You may glaze with egg yolk and 1 Tbspn of water just before baking.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.